Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What Gadget do You use Everyday?

What gadget do I use the most everyday? The answer to this question will vary from person to person depending on their needs. Do they do video editing? Then they probably use their desktop computer the most. Just casual browsing the web, social networking, email, YouTube videos, and so on? Then they probably use their tablet the most, assuming they have one. In my case, I use my iPad, iPhone, and desktop the most.
So, why do I use my iPad more than any other device? The reason for this is, the iPad is quite powerful, and can actually do most of what I need to do on a computer (yes, an iPad is a computer) and its fast. I don’t have to worry about things like Windows Update nagging me to restart my computer every five minutes, or bad performance, programs not running the way they should. The iPad “just works,” and yes I know we’ve all heard that a time or two before.
If you’ve followed my work in the past, then you know that I’m a blogger, a YouTuber and a tech guru. The iPad allows me to easily write and publish blog posts. Although typing on glass gets to be quite painful after a while, but I’ve remedied this issue. I have a wireless bluetooth keyboard that was originally for my Motorola Xoom, and after looking back at the instructions, I figured out how to connect it to other devices other than my Motorola Xoom. The only issue with this is you lose some of the keyboard functionality, which really isn’t that big of an issue since it still works well.
As I mentioned, I make YouTube videos. Since I really don’t have much of a camera to record videos with, I decided to start using my iPad 4. Originally I was using a Canon Powershot A3200 for my videos, which was okay at best, but the reason I decided to start using my iPad is it allowed me to see myself while I was recording videos, which helped a lot. I was no longer blindly recording videos. I could see if something was wrong, like the camera being out of focus, and issues in my background. I also edit my videos with iMovie on my iPad. Although using my PC for this is nice, its also a big time waster. I would spend way too long editing and encoding videos to upload them to YouTube. I either needed to find a faster way to record and edit videos, or I would have to do them less. I found a more efficient way. Although iMovie may seem very simple, its good enough for what I’m doing. Its easier, faster, and works well. That’s good enough for me.
The fact that my iPad is always there, and always on is also another plus. With my iPad, I don’t have to deal with insanely long boot up times, and even when I do have to reboot my iPad, that doesn’t actually take that long. But with Windows, I’ve found the boot up process to take just a little longer than I would like it to. Windows 7 took two minutes to boot on my computer, and although I’ve upgraded to Windows 8, and this issue has been fixed, its still not something I like dealing with on PC’s.
The amazing amount of apps on the App Store also makes using my iPad very enticing. A lot of the apps out there make work much easier in my opinion. Since they make work easier, they also save time, which allows me to do other things.
My iPhone on the other hand gets used often because of it’s convenience. Its always with me, so I can quickly check emails, social networks, and so on. To stay up to date with the online world. It’s also used as a communications device (hence the name “iPhone.”)
And lastly, I use my PC a fair bit as well, when I need to do more complex tasks that would either be a pain to do on the iPad, or can’t be done on the iPad. Ubuntu is slowly starting to change my opinion on the PC, but no matter what OS I may be using on my PC, the iPad is most likely going to win over the PC for a very long time to come, at least in my case.
What device do you use the most?
Follow me on Twitter: @ck270
Subscribe to me on YouTube
Article Provided by Cole kruper!


2 comments:

  1. I tend to use my iPhone the most for video blogging and overall staying connected to mail social media and the like. When it comes to video editing I prefer to use my MacBook Pro but agree its quite time consuming to do so. I also have a windows8 laptop but only use it for essential windows applications and is not my go to pc.

    ReplyDelete